Summer Day Camp at MOUNT VERNON CAMPUS
Summer is a time for learning and outdoor fun at Aquinas Montessori School. In the morning, campers work with the guidance of a professionally trained Montessori teacher exploring language, mathematics, biology, geography, art, and music. Every morning is an opportunity to connect with authentic Montessori materials in an environment of learning that encourages exploration and enthusiasm for the work. Camp is a wonderful place to have fun with friends both inside the classroom and outside on our spacious, wooded playground. Our Children’s Garden grows abundantly in the summer allowing campers to harvest what they have sown during the school year using the garden’s bounty for snack and other activities. Our pollinator garden and milkweed patch attract a plethora of interesting wildlife for the children to observe.
Swimming is scheduled every afternoon. The Aquinas pool ranges in depth from two and a half feet to five feet. The comforting depth and small size offer beginning and novice swimmers an opportunity for great success in a safe environment. Even the youngest swimmers feel comfortable in the shallow end and make remarkable progress in just a few weeks under the supervision of our trained lifeguard. (Children who are developing swimmers wear life vests until they are competent, confident swimmers.)
The Aquinas Montessori Summer Day Camp supports children on their journey of becoming capable and fulfilled adults who enjoy contributing and connecting to the world around them. Please consider giving your child the opportunity this summer to experience the joy of learning!
Camp begins June 8 and ends August 14. The hours are 8:30 am – 12:00 pm or 8:30 am – 3:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Before-Care will begin at 7:30 am and Aftercare will continue through 6:00 pm. Families register by the week.
- All currently enrolled Aquinas and Old Town families will be billed through FACTS in two installments on March 2 and June 1, 2020
- All other families, please send a check with your application. One-half the total camp fee must accompany your application. The remaining fee must be paid before June 1, 2020
- For other payment arrangements, please contact the office
- Children attending 5 or more weeks will receive a 5% discount
- Full refund, less $50, if notified 3 weeks in advance of change of plans
- Refund of 50% of tuition if notified more than 10 days but less than 21 days in advance of change of plans
- NO REFUND if notified 10 days or less in advance of change in plans
- ALL REFUNDS will be issued on August 28, 2020, two weeks after the last day of Summer Camp
- Full refunds will be issued if the school cancels the program
We will confirm the receipt of your application and enrollment by email. Space is limited. The weeks fill up very quickly. Please ensure your spot by applying early!
Getting Ready for Camp
Your child will need a water bottle, bathing suit, and towel if staying for swimming. All items must be clearly labeled with your child’s name and should be carried in a water-resistant bag marked with the child’s name on the outside. Campers do not need to wear school uniforms. Children should come to camp wearing their bathing suits under their clothing. Girls may prefer to wear two-piece bathing suits to make using the bathroom easier. Please apply waterproof sunscreen to your child before coming to camp. Send in extra sunscreen in a labeled bottle. All camp attendees must be able to utilize the bathroom facilities independently. The school will provide a daily snack. If your child is staying until 3:00 pm or later, please send a lunch in a lunch box with your child’s name on it. Children staying after 3:00 should pack an extra snack for aftercare.